- Finish poster work from last week: who are we...
- Discuss 87-91:
- Check annotations
- Chapter 90 and 91: what the heck?(seriouslyyyyy)
- interpretations of chapters?
- Read 92
- watch island scene
- HW: finish reading chapter 92 (34 pages), annotate, finalize college essay: must meet with me before submitting final essay.
- Sign up by going into Mrs. Smith. The final copy of your essay is due 10/3 must meet once before then.
What are your interpretations?
- hes dying these are his last thoughts
- his humanity is dying
- pi's inner will to survive
- making amends
- Vishnu god comes to him as the French guy
- all gods trying to help him out
- Pi is already dead?
- Richard Parker is completely made up
- Pi is going mad
- Pi's subconscious mind
- really is someone else talking to him
- It's Ravi or a stranger
- wants human interaction so bad
1. Hallucinations/going mad/talking to god/Pi is dying
2. It is a real person
More notes over chapters read:
- feds RP so he will not eat Pi
- breaking the rules to survive
- Pi is turning animalistic
- changing your personality to survive
- all humans have a animal side in us
- we will all give up
- Pi has the same moments of doubt
- fear/doubt v. hope
- he is split into multiple personalities
- feels remorse for eating human
- bother: in the same boat or religion shared experience