First Mrs. Smith introduced the new google classrooms website
Steps for the website:
- Go to: classroom.google.com
- Login with your lpsk12.org email.
- Press add a class with the code: bkjudzj.
Next we fish-bowled.
- How is Hamlet’s relationship with his mother different than with Claudius?
- Why did the ghost of King Hamlet refuse to talk to anyone besides young Hamlet?
- What do you think Hamlet’ relationship with his father was like before he died?
- What does the ghosts armor say about the state of denmark?
- Why does Horatio talk about Julius Caesar and his death after the ghost appears?
- Why does Gertrude decide to marry so soon after King Hamlet’s death?
- Why is Hamlet willing to follow the ghost when his friends try hard to hold him back?
- What is the significance of Horatio and Marcellus swearing to Hamlet’s sword instead of a traditional vow to God?
- Does Gertrude really care for Hamlet, or does he just want him to stop being sad in front of the court?
- Why does Polonius have so many odd requests for Laertes right before he leaves?
- Why is Ophelia more reluctant to talk about Hamlet with her father than with Laertes?
- How do you think Hamlet will avenge his father?
- What role has religion played so far? For hamlet? For the marriage of Claudius and Gertrude?
Some main points:
- Hamlet probably had a good relationship with his father, although his father’s request for him to kill Claudius is interesting.
- Hamlet would have been next in line, so Claudius taking the throne should not have happened.
- Gertrude could have been trying to keep power for herself by marrying Claudius instead of losing power to Hamlet.
- Discussed Shakespeare and what he could be saying about women: lust for power and conniving ways.
- Hamlet’s religion could get in the way of his revenge against Claudius.
- Hamlet had his friends swear by his sword because it is a more important vow, and his reputation is on the line.