7:21-7:34 -> reviewed hamlet Act 2 scene 1
- Talked about Polonius and his task for Ronaldo to ask Hamlet questions about his drinking, swearing, and womanizing.
- Talked about Hamlet and Ophelia and their “love crazed” meeting→ Polonius says he is going to see the king
Questions to remember for the quiz:
- Polonius’ relationship with his son, Laertes?
- Polonius’ assumptions re: Hamlet and Ophelia?
- Cause of Hamlet’s madness?
- Voltemand’s message from Norway?
- Claudius and Polonius’ plan?
- Roles of R and G?
- Hamlet’s suspicions of his friends?
- Acting troupe v. child actors?
- Player’s speech?
- Hamlet man of action or inaction?
- Hamlet’s plan?
- Dissect Hamlet’s monologue?
7:35-7:38 went over questions above
7:38-8:20→ read act 2 scene 2
- talked about why Hamlet was mad→ mother knew(his father died and they[claudius] got married to quickly)
- talked about Polonius and the Queen’s conversation on Hamlet’s letter to Ophelia
- talked about the “plan” (get Hamlet and Ophelia in a room and watch them)--> want to see if Polonius’ plan is right.
- talked about how Hamlet insulted Polonius→ he knows about how he told Ophelia not to be with him(Hamlet)
- HW: Act 2. 1-2, fishbowl group prepare for Wednesday, quiz on Monday