Period 4, Smiths Class.
HW: Check out Frankenstein, LL1- due in one week: childhood dreams; one common theme.
Today: Finish Fall of Satan Packet/collects. Fishbowl: To what extent does a creator have responsibility towards is creation?
Class gets in fishbowl and has "Fall of Satan Packet" and their 5 questions for the discussion.
- (Questions should be over what we have learned so far, Dante, Paradise lost and other media we have studied.)
- Discusses Dante's and Paradise Lost interpretation of hell (fire and ice)
Ideas talked about during discussion:
- Satan and God's power?
- Long discussion on free will and humanistic choices and religious views.
- "We are all pure until we shown sin". Idea of experiencing sinful acts and free will.
- Sinful acts and how and why we commit them.
- How we view heaven and hell?
- Are we scared of hell?