We divided into 2 groups. One discussing Oedipus and the Other is working on their essay
- We took a picture of the book
- Every greek play has a story behind it that the audience know
- Proficy said that the child born in the city of thebes will marry his mother and kill his father
- so the people’s plan was taking the child to the mountains and leave him there to die
- A shepard took the child to the mountains to leave him to die, but he couldn’t do it
- A Queen decided to take the child and name him Oedipus and consider him her own
- Oedipus ends up in Thebes after a long time, only to find a terrible plague at Thebes
- When Oedipus tried getting to Thebes some guy tried to stop him, so Oedipus killed him to get to Thebes. (That guy was the King)
- The plague would end if someone solved the riddle “Something that walks on four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night.”
- Oedipus solved the riddle(a person), he also got rewarded by marrying the queen(His mum), as her husband(The king) was killed awhile ago.
- They had 4 children.
- Thebes had another plague a while after, the only way to end the plague was to find out who killed the Old king of Thebes.
- Oedipus decided to go look for the killer of the king to end the plague, not knowing that he was looking for himself.
- We started reading the book and assigned readers
- We read till page 30
HW: Read and make connections, Prepare questions for final (Final Discussion)
- Working on the outline
- Make a copy of Smith’s outline online on her week 15 agenda